Mission & Vision
To facilitate the economic, social, political and cultural empowerment of South Asians by serving as a resource for information, research, mobilization, coordination and leadership on social justice issues affecting our communities. Create social change by building alliances and working collaboratively with those who share a vision of empowering all communities to participate in defining Canada’s future
We envision and strive for a Canada free of all forms of discrimination in which all communities are free from marginalization and are fully empowered to participate in defining Canada’s political, economic, social and cultural future.
The following values serve as guidelines for our conduct as we implement our mission and work towards our vision:
- Social Justice: We are committed to working within a social justice framework which promotes equity and empowerment for marginalized peoples and communities
- Anti–oppression, anti-racism, anti-homophobia: We strive to incorporate anti-oppressive, anti-racist and anti-homophobic principles and practices in our work
- Responsiveness: We strive to work through a variety of consultative and participatory structures and practices to ensure that our work is grounded in the realities and priorities of our communities.
- Diversity: We recognize and respect the diversity among and within South Asian communities and within Canadian society.
- Collaboration and solidarity: We are committed to building alliances in order to work collectively towards common aims.
- Accountability: We are committed to maintaining effective governance, measurement and reporting practices.