CASSA’s mission is to facilitate the economic, social, political and cultural empowerment of South Asians by serving as a resource for information, research, mobilization, coordination and leadership on social justice issues affecting our communities. CASSA aims to create social change by building alliances and working collaboratively with those who share a vision of empowering all communities to participate in defining Canada’s future.
CASSA works on a number of projects and policies on anti-racism/anti-oppression, legal education for marginalized communities, employment equity, poverty reduction, equity in education attainment, health equity, youth engagement, combating domestic violence and hate crimes, seniors’ wellness and organizational capacity building. CASSA engages diverse communities, policy makers, experts, advocates, and academics through advisory tables, steering committees, public forums, consultations, galas, fundraisers, awareness campaigns, and social media. CASSA also continues to advocate on behalf of our member agencies to all three levels of government on various public policy platforms.
Benefits of becoming CASSA’s Member Agencies include:
- Promote your events by publishing them on our website, social media and newsletters
- Post volunteer opportunities online to expand your outreach and volunteer base
- Attend our Annual General Meeting which includes engaging panel discussions, awards, and opportunities to network
- Have enhanced access to various research papers and publications focusing on South Asians and other racialized communities in Ontario
- Receive regular updates with information on community events, funding opportunities, and opportunities to partner with CASSA on grant applications
- Network with others in the community who work for social justice and equity in Ontario
- Receive free training on various topics including power & privilege, anti-racism & anti-oppression, communication, micro-aggressions, being allies and solidarity, etc.
- Your membership and solidarity will help CASSA promote its social and economic justice undertaking through representation of interests and needs on policies at all three levels of government.
- The opportunity to advertise in CASSA’s monthly newsletters to over 3000 agencies and individuals as well as publicize events and job postings etc. on CASSA’s social media.
- Priority given to member agencies for any capacity building grants received by CASSA.
- CASSA’s assistance in collaborating with diverse agencies and individuals, and attainment of essential input and feedback from the South Asian communities in Ontario.
- Receive discounts on CASSA events such as conferences, summits, galas, etc.
- Priority for board of director’s vacancies.
Membership fee is only $20 for individuals and is on a sliding scale for agencies depending on operational budgets. If you wish to become a member, please fill the appropriate form linked below and email/mail it to CASSA at firstname.lastname@example.org