Anti-Hate Community Leaders Group
CASSA initiated the Anti-Hate Community Leaders’ Group in March 2019 after the devastating Mosque attack in New Zealand against peaceful worshippers. This event shook many racialized & religious minority communities to the core and left many who work on anti-racism issues with severe anxiety about the state of hate in this world.
Anti-Hate Conversation Series
The Anti-Hate Conversation Series was originally a panel-style livestream series but has since converted to a recorded, podcast series that aims to spread awareness on current hate-related and social justice issues by inviting speakers to provide insights into the underlying causes and next steps for these issues. Episodes are released biweekly on Spotify and Google Podcasts and consist of questions from the moderator, Maryam Faisal – CASSA’s Anti-Hate Initiatives Project Coordinator, pertaining to the weekly topics and responses from the guest speakers.
The series is currently on its second season and in relation to the Collaborative to Combat Online Hate (once the project page is up, we can link it), focuses on the many issues related to online hate. Some of the past topics in this series have included:
- Anti-Asian Racism Amid COVID-19
- State of Islamophobia
- Rise of White Supremacy and the Far-Right
- Anti-Black Racism in Healthcare
- Sexism and Misogyny in Racialized Communities
- Anti-Indigenous Racism
- Addressing Homophobia, and many others.
Season 2: Anti-Hate Series
The Season 2 Anti-Hate Series is on Spotify!
See below for a preview and link to our most recent episode.
Part 24: National Survey on Online Hate
Part 25: A Conversation with Hawa Yahia Mire
Part 26: The Role of Online Activism
Part 1: Anti-Asian Racism Amid COVID-19 - https://youtu.be/nPSpf8mth_U Part 2: State of Islamophobia - https://youtu.be/fiP9AdQziDk Part 3: Anti-Black Racism in Healthcare during Covid-19 - https://youtu.be/r2JqBlicbdQ Part 4: Rise of White Supremacy and the Far-right...
- Across Boundaries
- Alliance for South Asian AIDS Prevention
- Anela Jadunandan
- Bangladeshi-Canadian Community
- Bernie Farber
- Canadian Anti-Hate Network
- Canadian Arab Federation
- Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture
- Canadian Muslim Vote
- Catholic Crosscultural Services
- Chinese and Southeast Asian Legal Clinic
- Chinese Canadian National Council – Toronto Chapter
- City of Toronto – Confronting Anti-Black Racism Unit
- Colour of Poverty – Colour of Change Steering Committee
- Gibraltar Leadership Academy
- Hispanic Development Council
- Islamic Foundation of Toronto
- Jeewan Chanicka
18. J-Space Canada
19. Karen R. Mock
20. Labour Community Services of Metropolitan Toronto Inc.
21. Midyanta Community Services
22. Naseem Mithoowani
23. National Council of Canadian Muslims
24. Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion
25. Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
26. Ontario Human Rights Commission
27. Punjabi Community Health Services
28. Roots Community Services
29. Salaam Canada
30. Social Services Network
31. South Asian Legal Clinic of Ontario
32. Tamil Canadian Centre for Civic Action
33. Toronto East Quadrant Local Immigration Partnership
34. United Way of Greater Toronto
35. Urban Alliance on Race Relations
36. Walied Khogali Ali
37. World Sikh Organization
38. YWCA Canada